Benner Library invests in scholarly resources, current technology, and knowledgeable staff in a Christian environment to promote student success, academic excellence, and life-long learning.
The library's mission and purpose is aligned with Olivet's mission statement.
In Benner Library, a studious environment is appropriate. Respect the needs of those around you. Silence your cell phone ringer, and keep all conversations, including cell phone conversations, at a level that does not disturb others.
Food and Drink
Food and drinks are allowed in most areas of the library.
- Library staff may restrict distracting or messy food.
- Food and drinks are prohibited from the Archives.
- Be careful near computers or other equipment.
Work areas must be kept clean if food and drinks are allowed. To do this, patrons and staff must do the following:
- Deposit trash and recyclables in appropriate containers.
- Clean the workstation if it is needed. Cleaning products are available at the recycling stations.
- Report large spills to a service desk.
- Be responsible by leaving the area clean.
Calendar & Hours
Contacts & Departments
Benner Library & Resource Center
Located on the campus of Olivet Nazarene University
One University Ave
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
Parking & Walking Directions
There are four major parking lots on campus for visitors:
See campus map.
- Larsen/Reed Parking is accessible from Main Street, between University Avenue and the Highway 102 intersection at the light
- Centennial Chapel West Parking (Ludwig) is easily accessible from University Avenue, the main entrance to campus from Illinois Highway 45
- Weber Parking is north-east of most of the campus buildings
- Centennial Chapel East Parking (Ludwig) is directly east of the Betty and Kenneth Hawkins Centennial Chapel
From Larsen/Reed to Benner
From the Larsen/Reed parking lot, walk through the Larsen Fine Arts Center, across the Esplanade, past the Strickler Planetarium and south end of Chapman Hall. Go up the ramp/sidewalk to the front entrance of Benner Library & Learning Resource Center. Upon arriving, you may ask for help at the Reference Desk, located between the front doors and the elevator.
- 3D Printing Policies
- Circulation Desk Policies
- Faculty Carrel Policy
- Faculty Locker Policy
- Fishbowl Reservations Policy
- Green Screen Policy
- Group Study Room Policies
- Irene Clerico Learning Zone (ICLZ) Policies
- Laptop Checkout Policy
- Library Usage Guidelines for Patrons
- Portable Whiteboard Policies
- Presentation TV Policies
- Self-Service Button Maker Policies
- Self-Service Comb Binding Policies
- Self-Service Lamination Patron Policies